7. Devil Jin (Tekken 6)
Tekken 6 is a wonderful game with some truly great characters. However, it brings with it from its predecessor one of the most annoying fighters to be conceived: Devil Jin. Whilst Jin himself is nothing special in many ways, his demonic counterpart is arrogant, evil and cheap in his fighting. In what is essentially a hand-to-hand – and crucially ground-based – fighting game, he has wings. They come in pretty handy with his plethora of uncounterable attacks, and they’re also quite useful when he wants to be a coward, and run to the other side of the stage, far away from his opponents. From where he can use his eye beam.
Once more, for effect: he can shoot laser beams from his face. In what universe is that fair in a combat game?! Just to make him more annoying to fight, he can do this from the sky, because – did I mention this already? – Devil Jin has wings. Just to add insult to injury, all his aerial moves start in the same way, so even if you try and counter it, you won’t know which spine-shattering attack is coming until it’s too late, and he is force-choking your character’s corpse in the post-battle cut scene.
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- GTA V: 12 Dirty Hidden Secrets And Easter Eggs You Probably Missed
- Xbox One vs PS4: Which Should You Buy?
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 100 Greatest Video Game Villains Of All Time
This article was first posted on August 24, 2012