9. Full Immersion
If someone said to me “for just x amount of pounds, we’ll drill through your skull and place a port in your brain which allows for the full immersion of your consciousness into a gaming world, a’la The Matrix”, my first response would be to consider the location of the nearest cashpoint.
The Sci-Fi genre has hinted at full immersion just that little bit too much for it not be on the cards at some point in the distant future and despite the clear and present risks of allowing some video games pusher to fiddle with your grey matter, I don’t think I’d be the only one in the queue for the operation.
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- GTA V: 12 Dirty Hidden Secrets And Easter Eggs You Probably Missed
- Xbox One vs PS4: Which Should You Buy?
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 100 Greatest Video Game Villains Of All Time
This article was first posted on December 7, 2012