Every once in a while, my greatest passion in life, videogames, comes together with my second greatest passion, horror movies. And there have been many games over the years that have combined these two seamlessly: much like their horror movie counterparts, horror games have the ability to scare you to the point where you have nothing left to do but stay awake all night in a cold sweat, watching the clock until sleep decides to come.
Here we count down 10 terrifying moments that achieved just that.
10. Death Egg – Sonic The Hedgehog 2 (1992)
This may seem like an odd choice, but think about it for a second. How old were you when Sonic 2 first came out And how many of you actually completed it at that age?
It was all fine and dandy for the first few levels until you gradually started to lose lives. Chances are you made it all the way to the Death Egg for the final showdown with only one life, if at all.
Face it: you just had to accept defeat at this point but you didn’t… you persevered with the faint hope you would actually come out on top. And yet you failed, only to start the game again and end up in the same position. It was a horrible, vicious circle, and one that still sticks in the mind today.
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- GTA V: 12 Dirty Hidden Secrets And Easter Eggs You Probably Missed
- GTA V: 10 Awesome Things To Do In San Andreas
- Xbox One vs PS4: Which Should You Buy?
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand