Now that gamers have finally had a chance to experience Assassin’s Creed 3 in all its glory and the climax of Desmond Miles’ story, it is now truly time to reflect upon his ancestors. No, not his direct ancestors but rather we can commemorate Desmond and the series as a whole by taking a look back 10 of the most bad ass assassins from games gone by.
10. Corvo Attano
The latest addition to these ranks of assassins, Corvo is the playable character in Arkane Studios’ Dishonored. He wields what might be the coolest set of skills on this list too, including but not limited to the ability – teleport short distance, possess animals & humans, slow & stop time and turn dead bodies to ash. The combination of those incredibly effective powers and that bad ass steam punk look means he had to be included on the list.
From one of the newest to one of the oldest. Assassin was a Commodore Amiga game that came out 20 years ago and starred a character known as, you guessed it, Assassin.
Assassin is a side scrolling platform & shoot ‘em up in the style of Contra. The original edition featured one of the most unlikely of assassination weapons – a boomerang! The Special Edition, bizarrely, made the change to replace the boomerang with a laser gun. Either way, the protagonist paved the way for many that came after him.
We are currently seeking Gaming contributors on WhatCulture. To find out more about the perks of being a Gaming contributor, click here.
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- GTA V: 12 Dirty Hidden Secrets And Easter Eggs You Probably Missed
- GTA V: 10 Awesome Things To Do In San Andreas
- Xbox One vs PS4: Which Should You Buy?
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand