The Walking Dead resurrects in less than a week, and I’m sure there are more than a few people out there who are looking forward to the return of all that zombie mayhem. I also happen to be equally sure that – within that group of people – a few of them were roped into playing the wretchedly Godawful Walking Dead: Survival Instinct video game, as a means of holding over their lust for zombie killin’ while the show was on its hiatus.
A bad zombie game can ruin a boy’s day, but a good zombie game… well, that can make a boy into a man. Or at the very least it can keep them mildly entertained. Few things are more fun than the mass indiscriminate killing and scramble for survival that a zombie game can bring – it’s the reason why these games sell so damn much, after all.
In celebration of not only the return of The Walking Dead, but our undying obsession with all things undead, I present to you the 5 greatest zombie games of all-time. These aren’t just good zombie games or games that will hold you over during those Darryl Dixon-free lulls – these are the games that define the conventions of modern zombie fanfare. And they all happen to be pretty fun, too.
I kept one simple rule in mind when writing this list: only one game per franchise can appear. I figured if I didn’t do that we’d pretty much have a list of the top 5 Resident Evil games, and you’d miss out on entries such as…
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- GTA V: 12 Dirty Hidden Secrets And Easter Eggs You Probably Missed
- Xbox One vs PS4: Which Should You Buy?
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand
- 100 Greatest Video Game Villains Of All Time
This article was first posted on October 8, 2013