There was once a time, I remember it well, when achievements meant only personal victory. Defeated Ruby Weapon in FFVII? Yeah right, I don’t believe you. Made it to the real ending of Ghosts and Goblins? Bollocks you did. Got past the Hoover Dam level on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? Why are you such a dirty liar?
But you would know and you could hopefully feel secure in the knowledge. Then again, what good is a gaming achievement if nobody believes you? No good is the true answer.
That’s why 9/10 gamers love that beautiful ‘blip’ sound more than their own mothers. It means the chance to rub that achievement in your rivals’ faces. See?! I did beat Ruby Weapon you prick! If only, eh?
Here at WhatCulture, we love achievements as much as anyone else. Some are tough as nails and represent hours of work, dedication and skill. Some just take the piss and represent…the insanity of anyone who attempts them.
So, without further digression, let’s take a look at 5 of the toughest achievements/trophies that you can start work on today!
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand
- 100 Greatest Video Game Villains Of All Time
- 10 Most Insanely Difficult Video Games Ever Made
- 10 Things You Should Know About Dating A Gamer