The Legend of Zelda as a series is something hard to poke at, as some fans don’t like to admit when things might be a bit underwhelming. Now put your pitchforks away, I don’t hate Zelda: I just think Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword were definitely the weakest in the main series. Characters were soulless and the stories felt tired – they just weren’t up to snuff considering the game’s prestigious legacy. But the question is, can Zelda actually work as a triple A title in 2013? I would say yes, if Nintendo were to change things up a bit.
Change is difficult for fans of a long running game series, fans think that change is the reason good things start to suck. Contrary to the belief, it is stagnation that often makes things suck. If imagination and creative thought are put into a change, then it can make something awesome once again. I mean look at King of Fighters, do they still make those games? Maybe, but they haven’t changed at all with the newest generation. It’s just the same game every time, it gets boring and predictable.
I have prepared 5 Simple things that I believe would save Zelda as a series, and make it the imagination titan it used to be. Sadly when I think of imaginative game designers of the last generations that made games for everyone, all that comes to mind is Tim Schafer and Team Ico.
If you disagree with my points, hate me in the comments. If you have some ideas of your own, share them as well in the comments.
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand
- 100 Greatest Video Game Villains Of All Time
- 10 Most Insanely Difficult Video Games Ever Made
- 10 Things You Should Know About Dating A Gamer