7. Desmond Miles
Assassin’s Creed III of course saw the end of Desmond Miles, the modern day protagonist of the series, as the hero chose to kill himself to save the world at the end of the game, but that wasn’t the end of his association with the series.
Though Ubisoft have confirmed that Desmond will not be returning (barring a spectacular change of approach and some sort of cloning regeneration in the style of Alien Resurrection,) Assassin’s Creed creative director Jean Guesdon did confirm that he was going to play a major part in Black Flag.
Players will have found out reasonably early that it was possible to access a database entry on Subject 17, otherwise known as Desmond Miles, which confirms that Miles was effectively harvested for DNA after his body was found in the vault in time to preserve some key “material.”
It’s a good nod, especially as it adds finality to Desmond’s story, and confirms that he definitely did die…
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- GTA V: 12 Dirty Hidden Secrets And Easter Eggs You Probably Missed
- Xbox One vs PS4: Which Should You Buy?
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand
- 100 Greatest Video Game Villains Of All Time
This article was first posted on November 6, 2013