Unfortunately for Nintendo 3DS fans there will be no Assassin’s Creed game as Ubisoft has stopped production on Assassin’s Creed: Lost Legacy last year but that the cancellation had nothing to do with the 3DS lackluster sales;
“It wasn’t due to anything that took place. We felt the machine already had a number of hardcore games for its release.”
Whether or not this is true is something we can only speculate at.
However, there is some good Assassin’s Creed news today with the announcement the Ubisoft is bringing the Assassin’s Creed franchise to tablet devices. Basically Ubisoft wants to cash in on the ever growing tablet market and are bringing their biggest franchise over to tablets can only be seen as a positive for them. We are told;
“They will be different games… They will be either adapted from other games we created in the past or games developed specifically for those platforms.”
Planned projects or release dates were not announced at this time. Personally I don’t know how well the series will carry over to tablets, we will just have to wait and see what Ubisoft has planned.
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- GTA V: 12 Dirty Hidden Secrets And Easter Eggs You Probably Missed
- Xbox One vs PS4: Which Should You Buy?
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand
- 100 Greatest Video Game Villains Of All Time
This article was first posted on July 21, 2011