Capcom has released predictions of what they believe some of their upcoming games will sell and they have big expectations for Resident Evil 6. According to Capcom, they believe that Resident Evil 6 can sell around 7 million or more units. Capcom believes that Resident Evil 6 will officially become the best selling game in the companies history.
To put this in prospective, Resident Evil 5 sold more than five million copies; closer to 6 actually, so 7 million copies sold is not out of the question. However, I could be wrong considering there is some major hype behind the game, but a lot of fans of the franchise where not thrilled with Resident Evil 5 and Resident Evil 6 seems to be moving further and further away from the survival horror genre. In other words, it may be hard to increase sales if you are alienating part of your fan base.
On the other hand, the pre-orders for the game appear to be the highest they have ever been for a Resident Evil game so it may actually reach the 7 million mark to become the best selling Capcom.
Capcom also listed projected sales figures for three other games:
- Resident Evil 6 - 7 million
- DMC - 2 million
- Dragon’s Dogma - 1.5 million
- Lost Planet 3 - 1.4 million
Personally the game that I am looking forward to the most is Dragon’s Dogma, which could be the sleeper hit game of the year if the reviews for it come out positive. What is the Capcom game you are looking most forward to purchasing?
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand
- 100 Greatest Video Game Villains Of All Time
- 10 Most Insanely Difficult Video Games Ever Made
- 10 Things You Should Know About Dating A Gamer