The game has only been out a week in the United States but Catherine has already set sales records for creators Atlus. The game has apparently shipped more launch day copies than any other title in the companies history. I say “apparently” because no official numbers were provided by Atlus but they did say:
“Catherine has exceeded our highest expectations, It released last week to tremendous critical acclaim and fan response, bolstered by the release of a demo a couple weeks prior, and continues to generate discussion among fans for its mature themes, engrossing subject matter, and frantic, challenging gameplay. It is fitting, then, that Catherine can boast the largest launch in the 20-year history of Atlus, and continues to see strong sales at retail.”
Catherine is indeed a very unique game and my review for the game should be up shortly. However, I am very happy to hear a game that is considered a niche puzzle title has succeeded and is selling so well; we need titles like this to succeed.
Hopefully with the success of this title we will soon be getting Persona 5, which I have been looking forward to for a long time. If you never played Persona 3 and 4 I recommend you do so if you are a big RPG fan. The game is now also scheduled to be released in the UK hopefully will be released later this year.
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- GTA V: 12 Dirty Hidden Secrets And Easter Eggs You Probably Missed
- Xbox One vs PS4: Which Should You Buy?
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand
- 100 Greatest Video Game Villains Of All Time
This article was first posted on August 2, 2011