Crytek and EA have officially announced Crysis 3 is in development and will be released sometime in 2013 for PC and console users. The game will be set back in New York with Prophet as the main protagonist once again. However, even though the game is set in New York for the second straight game, there will be noticeable differences in the setting.
According to Crytek New York has been “encased in a Nanodome” causing much of New York to turn into a jungle with “Swamplands, rivers and dense copses of overgrowth”. Crysis 3 setting will supposedly look much more like the original Crysis, which was basically set in a jungle.
In addition, the game will be separated into seven different areas called “Seven Wonders”; Prophet will also be gaining new nanosuit tech but we don’t know what as of yet.
Cevat Yerli of Crytek stated:
“Crysis 3 is a thrilling mix of sandbox gameplay, advanced combat and hi-tech human and alien weaponry that shooter fans will love. Leveraging the latest CryENGINE technology, we’re able to deliver seven unique themes that offer stunning and visually loaded gameplay experiences. We cannot wait until people get their hands on the game.”
Finally this wouldn’t be much of a EA video game if they didn’t announce pre-order bonuses; yes EA is a terrible enough company to announce pre-order bonuses a year before the game will be released. Not to mention we don’t even know what the game looks like other than a few screen shots, but for those interested:
• Stalker Pack – Includes the base game, all Hunter Edition content and the following early multiplayer unlocks: for players who like to stalk their prey from the shadows the Stalker Pack provides early multiplayer access to the deadly semi-auto Jackal shotgun. This powerful, close-range shotgun comes with a unique silencer attachment, custom weapon skin and two exclusive themed in-game dog tags.
• Overkill Pack – Includes the base game, all Hunter Edition content and the following early multiplayer unlocks: the Overkill Pack features early multiplayer access to the Typhoon assault weapon and skin. Spewing 500 rounds a second, the Typhoon gives players the ability to go guns blazing to take back the Liberty Dome. Also included are two exclusive Overkill themed in-game dog tags.
• Predator Pack – Includes the base game, all the Hunter Edition content and the following early multiplayer unlocks: the Predator Pack delivers early multiplayer access to the Feline submachine gun and exclusive camo. With an extremely fast rate of fire and a 60 round magazine the Feline is highly effective and deadly, at short range.
EA has not named where each of these pre-order bonuses will be available but you can be sure they will announce this in the very near future.
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand
- 100 Greatest Video Game Villains Of All Time
- 10 Most Insanely Difficult Video Games Ever Made
- 10 Things You Should Know About Dating A Gamer