Microsoft’s E3 press conference had more focus this year on games, and one of the three new IP’s they showed off was a game called Ascend: New Gods. The game is being developed by Signal Studios, the people most famous for creating the Toy Soldiers series on Xbox Live Arcade. The game is looks to be a third person action RPG that will have asynchronous multiplayer. There looks to be a lot of God of War inspired gameplay, but we will have to wait and see if more footage of actual gameplay confirms this to be a God of War clone or not.
Here is the official trailer:
The second game Micosoft showed off was the first teaser trailer for Twisted Pixel’s new game called LocoCycle. Not much is known about the game other than what the teaser trailer showed, and that it will be released sometime in 2013. The game looks like it will have a female protagonist that may or may not be human, all that we know is that she is a master assassin who graduated “valedictorian of the Big Arms Academy’s School of Assassination.”
Here is the official trailer for the game:
Last, from Gore Verbinksi the director of the first three Pirates of the Caribbean a Xbox Live Arcade title called Matter. Again not much about the game is known other than what what shown in the teaser trailer. It does appear to be a Kinect based puzzle game but no actual gameplay was shown. The game is being developed by Blindwink and is on track for a 2013 release date.
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- GTA V: 12 Dirty Hidden Secrets And Easter Eggs You Probably Missed
- Xbox One vs PS4: Which Should You Buy?
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 100 Greatest Video Game Villains Of All Time
This article was first posted on June 4, 2012