Far Cry 3 stands as one of the few games that really stood tall at this year’s E3, stealing the thunder in effect away from the Wii-U – which was widely criticised for its under-performance at the trade show – with its drastically different style and tone compared to the previous games in the series. Sneaking up on us quickly and delivering a much-needed shot in the arm after the inconsistent thrills of the previous games, Far Cry 3 isn’t just awesome, but it’s one of the most vital, value-for-money experiences on any platform this year, and we’re going to tell you why.
10. It’s The Best of the Trilogy
When a third Far Cry game was announced, I have to admit I wasn’t initially sold at all, given how, after an enjoyable but flawed first game, the second turned out to be such a bland, derivative take on the open-world sandbox game. Though it looked great and had some fun missions, everything was far too-spaced out, and even when you got to the missions, they wound up being overly repetitive. Also, it lacked an interesting premise or provocative characters which, thankfully, have both been remedied with the riveting Far Cry 3.
Ubisoft clearly weren’t keen just to coast on the laurels of the series as an expansive, gorgeous open-world shoot ‘em up, and have made steps to seriously up their game, introducing a far more visceral narrative and greater devotion to character over brainless gunfire. Easily the best of the three, Far Cry 3 is also one of the best games of the year.
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- GTA V: 12 Dirty Hidden Secrets And Easter Eggs You Probably Missed
- Xbox One vs PS4: Which Should You Buy?
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand
- 100 Greatest Video Game Villains Of All Time
This article was first posted on November 28, 2012