Our favorite iteration of “thumb soccer,” FIFA 14, releases here in the United States on September 24th. EA has been touting new enhancements like Pure Shot, Precision Movement, and Teammate Intelligence, all designed to make virtual play even closer to the real thing. But any veteran FIFA player knows that the game still comes down to the players on the field-in particular, the midfielders who provide drive and determination.
Everyone knows about the Ozils, Xavis, and Pirlos of the world; in this list, we’ve tried to provide 10 midfielders (in no particular order) who you may not be too familiar with, but have quality and talent in abundance and will be sure to feature in this year’s game.
10. Marek Hamsik
Locked in a perennial battle with Stephan El Shaarawy for tallest mohawk in Europe, Marek Hamsik has accrued over 200 appearances for Napoli in Serie A, and finished his 2012-2013 campaign with 17 assists across all competitions.
Previously used as a right-sided player, Hamsik was moved to the middle last season, and flourished as the main creator behind strikers Edinson Cavani and Goran Pandev.
As an attacking midfielder with real verve and strength, Hamsik was rated as the 8th best player in the world by Bloomberg Sports. With Cavani, Napoli’s most prolific striker last year, off to PSG, expect FIFA players to use Hamsik as the set-up man for new addition Gonzalo Higuain.
FIFA 13 Rating: 85
We are currently seeking Gaming contributors on WhatCulture. To find out more about the perks of being a Gaming contributor, click here.
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- GTA V: 12 Dirty Hidden Secrets And Easter Eggs You Probably Missed
- GTA V: 10 Awesome Things To Do In San Andreas
- Xbox One vs PS4: Which Should You Buy?
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand