EA have confirmed that this year’s cover star for the UK edition of FIFA 14 will be Gareth Bale.
The company had previously revealed the global box art featuring Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi, who will be joined by the Tottenham star when the game ships in the United Kingdom this September.
The reveal came at 5pm today (UK time) and answered the question on every football gamer’s lips… Who will succeed from last year’s cover artists Alex Oxlade Chamberlain and Joe Hart?
The Welsh international, who won the PFA Player of the Year and Young Player of the Year Awards last season, is certainly worthy of the honour and enjoyed a phenomenal 2012-13 campaign.
FIFA 14 promises to be the most groundbreaking iteration in the series so far. Featuring a new physics engine known as the “Ignite Engine”, the popular football title boasts improved graphical and gameplay changes with more realistic player movement and shooting.
According to EA, FIFA 14 is the “most authentic football game in history,” with stadiums that “come alive” and help influence matches.
Manchester United striker Javier Hernandez will join Messi on the North American version of FIFA 14, which launches on September 24th.
Fans in Europe can get their hands on a copy three days later, on September 27th.
FIFA 14 will launch on Android, iOS, Nintendo 3DS, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Portable, PlayStation Vita, Wii, Microsoft Windows, Xbox 360 and the Xbox One.
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- GTA V: 12 Dirty Hidden Secrets And Easter Eggs You Probably Missed
- Xbox One vs PS4: Which Should You Buy?
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand
- 100 Greatest Video Game Villains Of All Time
This article was first posted on July 15, 2013