Over the past decade, as the Grand Theft Auto Series grew into the juggernaut that it is today, it captivated and caught the attention of not only fans, but some of the worlds leading actors, comedians and musicians who were all only too willing to lend their famous vocal chords to some of the games reoccurring characters.
Long gone are the formative days in the series where character voice overs weren’t even featured until 2001′s GTA III. Since then we have had a whole plethora of speaking, animated characters taking us through monologues and giving us direction via mission-based cut scenes.
Some of these celebrity voice overs you might already know of, others you might even have been unaware of until now. Here, WhatCulture examines the 10 Best Celebrity Voice Overs from the series so far.
10. Keith “Guru” Elam – 8-Ball
Keith “Guru” Elam is probably best known as being one half of the hip-hop dup “Gang Starr” who were active on the emcee scene between 1985 and 2006. He was also known for lending his voice for 8-Ball in Grand Theft Auto III and Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories, too. 8-Ball was a main character in the aforementioned titles who would provide car bombs to the player through his auto company.
“Guru” died of cancer in 2010.
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- GTA V: 12 Dirty Hidden Secrets And Easter Eggs You Probably Missed
- Xbox One vs PS4: Which Should You Buy?
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 100 Greatest Video Game Villains Of All Time
This article was first posted on October 19, 2012