Grand Theft Auto is undoubtedly a great series, and has pushed the boundaries right from its humble, top-down beginnings to the sandbox instalments of recent years. Fans enjoy the structure of playing through the story, but on the flip-side enjoy the freedom to go round causing as much mayhem as they want, leaving GTA with an appeal for almost everybody. The series has been awarded the accolade of defining sandbox gaming, leaving similar games to be described as ‘GTA Clones’ and whilst it’s not without its fair share of controversy, GTA has received vast amounts of critical acclaim.
However, all is not rosy in the garden; past games have annoyed us to the point of wanting to smash our controllers to pieces, and as much as we love GTA, these flaws cannot be ignored. This article looks to highlight and critique these problems, in hope that they’ll not rear their ugly head when GTA V is released this September. It’s been a long wait, and we don’t want to let all our anticipation turn into disappointment within a few hours of opening the box.
So without further ado, let’s take a look at 10 things that annoyed us in past games that we hope won’t feature in Rockstar’s latest instalment…
We are currently seeking Gaming contributors on WhatCulture. To find out more about the perks of being a Gaming contributor, click here.
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- GTA V: 12 Dirty Hidden Secrets And Easter Eggs You Probably Missed
- GTA V: 10 Awesome Things To Do In San Andreas
- Xbox One vs PS4: Which Should You Buy?
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand