The time is almost here! We are less than 3 days away from Grand Theft Auto V hitting stores, but some lucky devils – either through piracy (naughty) or a lucky early delivery – already have possession of arguably the most-anticipated video game in history, and have dutifully been posting video clips of their exploits online. Though the videos are being promptly removed at Rockstar’s request, we have been quickly grabbing snaps of some of the more interesting things we’ve witnessed so far.
Naturally, a few “spoilers” as regards to the general look of the game and how it all begins do follow, but nothing major (as I frankly don’t want to know myself). Here are 10 things we learned from the leaked GTA V footage…
10. This Is How The Game Begins
Grand Theft Auto V begins with essentially a cold open, hitting the ground running as Michael and Trevor partake in a heist. We begin by controlling Michael, blowing the vault, killing some guards, and then having to shake off the cops.
However, as sets the rest of the story in motion, nothing goes according to plan; people die, and then the contemporary portion of the game begins; Michael sits in a psychiatrist’s office as he relays his chequered past, before bumping into Franklin for the first time outside.
If nothing, this opening segment makes it clear that GTA V is as cinematic as anything we’ve ever seen in the franchise, and easily the most staggeringly ambitious of any of the titles to date. If it begins as it means to go on, then we’re going to be in for quite the ride indeed.
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- GTA V: 12 Dirty Hidden Secrets And Easter Eggs You Probably Missed
- Xbox One vs PS4: Which Should You Buy?
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 100 Greatest Video Game Villains Of All Time
This article was first posted on September 14, 2013