In the November 8th issue of Game Informer last year, Rockstar announced the inclusion of “randomised dynamic missions” in its upcoming and fervently anticipated GTA V release.
Then, the developers provided certain examples of these random encounters, as they are to be known, such as encountering a broken down car or a hitchhiker on the side of the road. It was then stated that players could approach the situation, which “may extend this ordinary occurrence on to something much more”.
Those of you who have played Rockstar’s Red Dead Redemption will be perfectly well aware of these “randomised dynamic missions”, or, if you have ever played Bethesda’s Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, you will also know what I am talking about.
In Skyrim, Bethesda incorporated something known as a “Radiant Quest” system which generated similarly random encounters for the player on their travels through the open world.
In Red Dead Redemption, you might encounter a thief and be given the option to either pursue and capture them for a reward or simply do nothing.
Now that we know this “randomised dynamic mission” element will be incorporated into GTA V, it throws up many possibilities and different ways in which it can be implemented.
Here, we take a look at 5 random encounters we’d like to stumble upon in the open world of San Andreas in GTA V.
Click “Next” to continue.
We are currently seeking GTA V contributors on WhatCulture. To find out more about the perks of being a GTA V contributor, click here.
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- GTA V: 12 Dirty Hidden Secrets And Easter Eggs You Probably Missed
- GTA V: 10 Awesome Things To Do In San Andreas
- Xbox One vs PS4: Which Should You Buy?
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand