The first thing you’ll do in GTA V will obviously be sit through the obligatory tutorial mission, but after that Los Santos is your oyster. Find the fastest car, jump the biggest jump, get a six star wanted rating or find out what’s in that shed; whatever you do it’ll be crazy, extreme and beautifully rendered.
Stealing cars and killing innocents will only satisfy you for so long, however. Eventually you’ll find yourself jumping into the story of GTA V. This is always where the real good stuff is. The references to pop culture, the vibrant characters and creative use of the whole city make the story the standout part of any GTA game, even if many are in it just for the killing.
Rockstar have been typically slow in their drip feed of information. Even though the game (out in less than ten painstaking days) has been anticipated for years it’s only in the past six months we’ve begun to get something beyond admittedly gorgeous stills. But even though we have detailed info on how to spend your downtime and the ability to switch between the game’s three protagonists (family man Michael, street guy Franklin and insane Trevor), the story (beyond character’s vague motivations) has been tightly under wraps. And with that comes little coverage of the missions we’ll all spend so much of our time completing.
Thankfully, from the wealth of trailers, stills and game demonstrations, not to mention IGN’s recent hands-on, we can glean the facts on eight missions from GTA V. And boy do they look awesome.
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- GTA V: 12 Dirty Hidden Secrets And Easter Eggs You Probably Missed
- Xbox One vs PS4: Which Should You Buy?
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand
- 100 Greatest Video Game Villains Of All Time
This article was first posted on September 8, 2013