8. GTA V’s Map Size Is Twice That Of Real-Life Manhattan
Get ready for some figures, folks. Rockstar recently stated that the map size of the upcoming GTA V is going to be greater than that of Red Dead Redemption, GTA IV and GTA: San Andreas combined. A quick spot of research reveals their map sizes as 28, 6.8 and 13.9 square miles respectively, and so combined they total almost 49 square miles. It’s staggering to imagine that game worlds can approach anywhere near this size, and it gets even more impressive when you compare it to real-world locations.
New York’s Manhattan Island, for instance, is only 23 square miles, essentially meaning that GTA V is going to be massive. After the disappointingly small map of GTA IV, it looks like Rockstar is keen to pull out all the stops for what is sure to push current-gen consoles right to their very limit.
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- GTA V: 12 Dirty Hidden Secrets And Easter Eggs You Probably Missed
- Xbox One vs PS4: Which Should You Buy?
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand
- 100 Greatest Video Game Villains Of All Time
- 10 Most Insanely Difficult Video Games Ever Made
This article was first posted on June 14, 2013