Though the wait for Rockstar’s fifth entry into the Grand Theft Auto series is excruciating – we still have 5 and a half months to go! – the developer is slowly doling out the goodies, having released new screenshots last week and now finally releasing the cover art, which can be viewed below. It appeared on a wall in New York in half-finished form on March 31st, causing some to believe it to be an early April Fool’s prank, but alas, the cover art was legitimate, and has now been released in its downloadable, HD glory.
Like every GTA cover since the third game, it sticks the same panelled style, and frankly, if it ain’t broke, why “fix” it? The look is characteristic yet the images still manage to tell us a lot about how GTA V is going to be different to the previous games. Remind us of what the protagonists look like, as well as the modes of transport available and the look of Los Santos in the modern day.
Oh, and don’t forget that dogs are in GTA for the first time; does the canine placement on the cover mean that they’re going to have some sort of pivotal role in either the story or some aspect of the gameplay? In terms of making the game look action-packed and visually vibrant, this cover totally does the job; I’d love to have a poster of this on my wall.
GTA V finally hits stores on September 17th. Keep your eyes peeled on What Culture for all the latest GTA V news.
We are currently seeking Gaming contributors on WhatCulture. To find out more about the perks of being a Gaming contributor, click here.
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- GTA V: 12 Dirty Hidden Secrets And Easter Eggs You Probably Missed
- GTA V: 10 Awesome Things To Do In San Andreas
- Xbox One vs PS4: Which Should You Buy?
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand