Grand Theft Auto V has been dominating console talk over the last 12 months but this is taking things to another level.
If fans hadn’t heard or seen enough of Rockstar Games’ latest PS3-bound sandbox crime epic, which never seems to be out of the public consciousness, they’ll have got an eye-full of it if they pick up this specially-themed 500GB console later on this year.
The console, which is coming as part of a bundle that includes a copy of Grand Theft Auto V and a 30-day PlayStation Plus trial, was unveiled on Twitter by Sony’s Adam Boyes.
And it takes the meaning of “GTA V on the PS3″ to a whole new dimension.
The bundle will be released on September 17 and will retail at $299.99 in North America.
Likewise, Sony and Rockstar are collaborating on a specially themed GTA V Pulse – Elite Edition headset that will be complete with artwork from the game and will be available exclusively at GameStop also on September 17 for $179.99.
It is unknown at this stage if the aforementioned peripherals will be made available in the United Kingdom.
Grand Theft Auto 5 will also release on Xbox 360 and next-generation console Xbox One on Sept 17 in North America.
The GTA V-themed PS3 features the images of the game’s three playable protagonists Michael, Franklin and Trevor, and you can view their character trailers below.
We are currently seeking Gaming contributors on WhatCulture. To find out more about the perks of being a Gaming contributor, click here.
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- GTA V: 12 Dirty Hidden Secrets And Easter Eggs You Probably Missed
- GTA V: 10 Awesome Things To Do In San Andreas
- Xbox One vs PS4: Which Should You Buy?
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand