Grand Theft Auto V has been dominating console talk over the last 12 months but this is taking things to another level.
If fans hadn’t heard or seen enough of Rockstar Games’ latest PS3-bound sandbox crime epic, which never seems to be out of the public consciousness, they’ll have got an eye-full of it if they pick up this specially-themed 500GB console later on this year.
The console, which is coming as part of a bundle that includes a copy of Grand Theft Auto V and a 30-day PlayStation Plus trial, was unveiled on Twitter by Sony’s Adam Boyes.
And it takes the meaning of “GTA V on the PS3″ to a whole new dimension.
The bundle will be released on September 17 and will retail at $299.99 in North America.
Likewise, Sony and Rockstar are collaborating on a specially themed GTA V Pulse – Elite Edition headset that will be complete with artwork from the game and will be available exclusively at GameStop also on September 17 for $179.99.
It is unknown at this stage if the aforementioned peripherals will be made available in the United Kingdom.
Grand Theft Auto 5 will also release on Xbox 360 and next-generation console Xbox One on Sept 17 in North America.
The GTA V-themed PS3 features the images of the game’s three playable protagonists Michael, Franklin and Trevor, and you can view their character trailers below.
[springboard type="video" id="714193" player="what003" width="600" height="400" ]
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- GTA V: 12 Dirty Hidden Secrets And Easter Eggs You Probably Missed
- Xbox One vs PS4: Which Should You Buy?
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 100 Greatest Video Game Villains Of All Time
This article was first posted on June 17, 2013