Quantic Dream, the creators of the acclaimed Heavy Rain have produced a short seven minute film called Kara to show off their new technology. Unfortunately this tech demo is not the basis for their next game but it is stunning and shows off some great facial animation. Now as to whether the graphics can be matched on consoles we will have to wait and see.
Here is the short film Kara:
David Cage the head of Quantic Dream also mentions the demo is over a year old so it does not do justice to what they are working on now. Cage also went on to talk about future consoles and whether they are a Sony exclusive development team:
“We had thought we had done a pretty decent job on Heavy Rain, and we just realized we didn’t do anything with the hardware. We could do much more than that, and this is what we intend to do in the near future, There’s still a lot to do with the PlayStation 3 I’m telling you.
We are exclusive to Sony right now, We’re open to all options [such as becoming a first-party studio], but again, we’re not a studio driven by money. It’s an important element, of course, but it’s not like ‘Tell me how much money you give me and I’m going to do whatever you want.’ “
I am a little disappointed we still don’t know what Cage and Quantic Dream are working on next, the fact that they didn’t say anything about a new game indicates we are at least a year or two years away from seeing a new game from these guys (I hope I am wrong). After the amazing Heavy Rain what type of game would you like to see Quantic Dream work on?
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- GTA V: 12 Dirty Hidden Secrets And Easter Eggs You Probably Missed
- GTA V: 10 Awesome Things To Do In San Andreas
- Xbox One vs PS4: Which Should You Buy?
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand