Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning has received a very positive response since its release. Well today EA, 38 Studios, and Big Huge Games announced that the first DLC for the game would be released on March 20th. This will be story based DLC called The Legend of Dead Kel that also includes a totally new landmass called Gallows End.
In addition, there will be a “shadowy” new character to meet along with brand new enemies to fight. There will also be a new dungeon type called Dverga Fastings and three new Twist of Fate will be included. Finally a massive estate called Gravehal Keep that has new characters with all new back stories to explore.
Unfortunately, the one major thing I wanted out of the DLC, lifting the level cap, was not included this DLC. Hopefully the next batch of DLC will include the lifting of the level cap past 40, because I am already at level 32 and have not even made it to the last two major landmasses. Although I am very excited about the chance to fight new enemies.
The DLC will be released on Xbox Live, PlayStation Network, Steam, and Origin on March 20. However, no price for the DLC has been announced for the content at this time.
Here is the full list of the features included in the DLC:
- An Epic New Questline – The Legend of Dead Kel is only part of the story of Gallows End. It intertwines with numerous side quests, multiple dungeons to explore, and a colorful cast of characters
- New Enemies, Dungeons, Items – Multiple new enemies and enemy variants, a new dungeon type: Dverga Fastings, three new Twists of Fate, eight new armor sets, eight new shields, and 18 new unique weapons
- The Ultimate Player Housing – Gravehal Keep is more than just player housing, it’s a massive estate with multiple buildings and a full retinue of retainers, each with their own back stories, side quests, perks, and quirks
- Tons more to Explore – The Legend of Dead Kel DLC adds in more than 15% of additional land to traverse and explore in the already massively expansive world that is Amalur
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- GTA V: 12 Dirty Hidden Secrets And Easter Eggs You Probably Missed
- Xbox One vs PS4: Which Should You Buy?
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand
- 100 Greatest Video Game Villains Of All Time
This article was first posted on February 29, 2012