Bioware announced today that Mass Effect 3 will be the end for the Commander Shepard story arc and even if future games are created in the Mass Effect universe there will be no Commander Shepard.
Bioware’s CEO Dr. Ray Mazuka:
“Mass Effect 3 is simultaneously a couple of different things: a thrilling and epic conclusion to the trilogy as we promised our fans we’d provide for Commander Shepard, but it’s also a brand new beginning – it’s an entry point for new fans and it’s also a brand new beginning.”
Producer Michael Gamble stated:
“After this, Commander Shepard’s story is complete. Even if there are more games in the Mass Effect universe, he/she definitely won’t be in them?” He laconically replied, “Correct.”
It seems definitive that Mass Effect 3 will be the last time we play as Commander Shepard; however on the bright side it seems Bioware is considering more games in the franchise after Mass Effect 3. The Mass Effect universe is huge with many diverse characters and I believe it would be good opportunity to explore new characters. Maybe in the next Mass Effect game I will get to choose what race my character is like turian or krogan,
I just hope it is not an MMO like it is rumored to be. I love Mass Effect for the single player experience and an MMO would not be something I am personally interested in; although I know a lot of people would enjoy a Mass Effect MMO. Are you sad this is the end of the journey for Commander Shepard or are you excited for new Mass Effect games after Mass Effect 3?
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- GTA V: 12 Dirty Hidden Secrets And Easter Eggs You Probably Missed
- Xbox One vs PS4: Which Should You Buy?
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 100 Greatest Video Game Villains Of All Time
This article was first posted on August 30, 2011