With a mix of Black and White and Viva Piñata, the god simulator from Abbey Games called Reus looks like it could be a little gem of 2013. Allowing you control of several giants creatures, Reus lets you creat a 2D environment that allows you to shape the landscape, create life and sustain a balance as your world grows.
Here is a gameplay trailer that shows off some of the gorgeous art and creature design.
Taken from the game’s website a synopsis explains further.
You possess all imaginable powers over nature. Among them terrascaping, creation of life, control of weather and genetic manipulation. There is only one thing on the planet that you do not control: mankind, with all their virtues and and all their vices. You can shape their world, but not their will. It’s your responsibility to maintain a balance in which man is not overpowered by nature, and nature does not fall to man’s greed.
Consider me intrigued. I am definitely going to be checking this one out and so should you. The game is expected to land Q2 of this year.
Thanks to Destructoid for tip.
We are currently seeking Gaming contributors on WhatCulture. To find out more about the perks of being a Gaming contributor, click here.
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- GTA V: 12 Dirty Hidden Secrets And Easter Eggs You Probably Missed
- GTA V: 10 Awesome Things To Do In San Andreas
- Xbox One vs PS4: Which Should You Buy?
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand