The new trailer is here for one of the most anticipated video games of 2013, Watch_Dogs. It stole the stole at least year’s E3 and has kept up a steady stream of interest ever since. In this new trailer it focuses less on the protagonst, Aiden Pearce, and more on how his actions throughout the game are perceived by the Central Operating System (ctOS), the complex system which controls almost every piece of the city’s technology and holds key information on all of the city’s residents.
It’s clear from what we see here that the ctOS is accutely aware of his actions – breaching security, hacking into ATM machines and getting information on perps in his vicinity – though how they intend to go about stopping him is anyone’s guess. He seems to be consistently able to one-up their security protocols, even enacting hacks that they couldn’t have imagined were possible.
If this trailer doesn’t demonstrate a wealth of new footage – some of it is recycled from Sony’s PS4 presentation – it at least helps familiarise us better with the tenets of gameplay, as well as what the other side of this equation is going to be doing. Hopefully Ubisoft will put us out of our misery and announce a concrete release date soon, though the speculative release window is Q4 2013.
What hacking abilities do you hope make it into the final game? Let us know in the comments below.
We are currently seeking Gaming contributors on WhatCulture. To find out more about the perks of being a Gaming contributor, click here.
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- GTA V: 12 Dirty Hidden Secrets And Easter Eggs You Probably Missed
- GTA V: 10 Awesome Things To Do In San Andreas
- Xbox One vs PS4: Which Should You Buy?
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand