Nintendo President Satoru Iwata confirmed yesterday that they will not give a release date or set a price point on the Nintendo Wii U until next year. Part of the reason for this decision is the recently announced price drop of the 3DS.
“Our decision of the price markdown this time has a side effect that, at the launch of the Wii U, people may feel that the price might drop in the near future if they wait. Since the Wii U we showed you at the E3 show in June was still in the development phase without very specific proposals on the software titles, we are going to announce the release date and the price next year when we are able to explain the specific proposals”
This comes as no surprise as most people were not expecting to hear a release date or price point until next year. However, it will be interesting to see how the high price point of the 3DS will affect the pricing of the Wii U, did Nintendo learn a lesson from over pricing the 3DS? My guess would be the price point for the Wii U being around $300-350 U.S. What do you think the price point for the Wii U should be put at?
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- GTA V: 12 Dirty Hidden Secrets And Easter Eggs You Probably Missed
- Xbox One vs PS4: Which Should You Buy?
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 100 Greatest Video Game Villains Of All Time
This article was first posted on August 4, 2011