You probably heard about the riots in London and numerous other locations, and you may have seen our article that video games were blamed for all of this.
Over the last so many years, video games have been blamed for most public outbreaks, violent attacks and horrible events like the London riots. A Police Constable previously stated that video games were the cause for violence in London, and now someone else is on the wagon. Noel Gallagher.
I apologise if this comes across as a rant but, it’s really difficult to keep an unbiased look on writing when people like Gallagher come out with comments like this,
I can’t understand where their energy for these riots is coming from. We live in this age of violence – and I don’t care what other people say: Brutal TV and brutal video games are a reason for this pointless violence as well. The people are immune to violence, they are used to it. And if they get caught they aren’t punished the right way. The prisons are already full? Then build new ones!
The people who are at these riots aren’t poor. These are kids with f*cking mobile phones and all sorts of sh*t. The police and government have to take drastic measures.
Yet again, video gamers are to blame. But can you really listen to anything that comes out of this guys mouth? After all this is the guy that stated he wanted Blur to, “catch AIDS and die.”
“I’m not thinking about insulting people; I say what I genuinely feel is in my heart. My conscience is clean, d’you know what I mean? Y’know, I’m true to myself—f*ck everybody else.” Source
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand
- 100 Greatest Video Game Villains Of All Time
- 10 Most Insanely Difficult Video Games Ever Made
- 10 Things You Should Know About Dating A Gamer