Publishers Rockstar announced their plans for the Max Payne 3 Special Edition yesterday; which is now available for pre-order. It’ll obviously carry an inflated Special Edition pricetag too, but in usual Rockstar fashion, they’re attempting to include more than a few reasons to part with your hard earned currency.
Check out the smorgasbord of extras Special Edition owners will be treated to:
- A copy of Max Payne 3
- 10” tall Collectible Max Payne Statue created in a collaboration between TriForce and Rockstar Games
- Series of game-inspired Original Still Life Art Prints that depict some of Max Payne’s inner demons and vices
- Copper and brass-plated iron, bullet-shaped Bullet Keychain featuring a screw-off back
- Classic Multiplayer Character Pack of eight playable multiplayer characters for Max Payne 3 Multiplayer, including fan favorites from the original Max Payne and Max Payne 2 like Max Payne from Max Payne 2, Mona Sax and Vladimir Lem
- Disorderly Conduct Multiplayer Weapons Pack for Max Payne 3 Multiplayer that includes the Hammerhead Auto Shotgun, G9 Grenade Launcher and Molotov cocktail
- Max Payne 3 Official Soundtrack featuring the game’s instrumental score
I’m not normally one for Special Edition releases – I’m an unknown writer, as if I have the money – but Rockstar seem to have completely pre-justified this unit’s inflated pricetag (which hasn’t as yet been released, but you can bet that it’ll add £20 – £30 on top, at least).
Max Payne 3 is out in March next year on on Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and Window PC. Keep your eye on WhatCulture! for streaming updates as and when they happen.