Rockstar announced today that they want your help in removing cheaters and hackers from Max Payne 3. Rockstar wants any player who notices someone using hacks or cheats to gain an unfair advantage in the game to report it to them. Players who are found to be cheating ”will be quarantined from all other players into a ‘Cheaters Pool’, where they’ll only be able to compete in multiplayer matches with other confirmed miscreants.”
After a review a player may be reinstated with the rest of the players at a later date; however if that player cheats again then he or she will be removed permanently. In addition, “we will be removing invalid leaderboard entries to ensure that the players at the top of the charts have earned their spots fairly.”
Rockstar did acknowledge that it is only a “small minority of players” that are actually cheating and “spoiling” Max Payne 3′s multiplayer for everyone else. But if you would like to report cheating or hacking here is the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org; here is the information that will be needed in the email:
“Platform (PC, PS3 or Xbox 360) Cheater’s Gamertag / ID Description of the violation If possible, please include concrete evidence, such as a video or a screenshot”
For any other information you can use this link to the full article on how to bring down cheaters in Max Payne 3. I do have to say I like the idea of a “Cheaters Pool”, where cheaters can still play but can only do so with other cheaters.
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- GTA V: 12 Dirty Hidden Secrets And Easter Eggs You Probably Missed
- GTA V: 10 Awesome Things To Do In San Andreas
- Xbox One vs PS4: Which Should You Buy?
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand