The terrain in Bethesda’s Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is typically harsh – with its apparently endless winters, snowy tundra’s and rampaging frozen winds cascading against its jagged mountains – we imagine it’d be a pretty tough place to live.
However, PC modder Soolie has just made life for Tamriel residents a lot easier with his tropical overhaul, which replaces all the snow and frost with sun-kissed deserts, jungles and beaches. There’s even a bamboo forest, fiery volcanic areas and so, so much more.
If you thought it was just the climate that has changed, think again. Animals indigenous to such tropical areas make an appearance. Frostbite spiders are replaced by jungle spiders, seals replace horkers, raptors replace wolves, tigers replace sabre cats and apes replace trolls.
Gone are the bitter unforgiving winds, and in their place comes glorious sunshine, while there’s also new rock and water textures. In fact, the whole game is vastly different. Gone are Nordic ruins, replaced with Ayleid ruins, and ice caves are a thing of the past – now you will be delving into rock caves.
Fur and hide armours have even been replaced by leopard fur for that added touch of realism.
Check out the video below and let us know what you think.
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- GTA V: 12 Dirty Hidden Secrets And Easter Eggs You Probably Missed
- Xbox One vs PS4: Which Should You Buy?
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 100 Greatest Video Game Villains Of All Time
This article was first posted on April 1, 2013