Last night at the EVO 2012 Fighting game championship series, Sony announced two additional characters and a new Parappa the Rapper inspired stage to their all star fighting free-for-all title, “PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale”.
Tekken’s Heihachi Mishima and Sony’s Japanese mascot Toro, last seen in the Street Fighter X Tekken title, will join the roster of character for Sony’s PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale for the PS3 and PS Vita.
Sony also announced an additional battleground stage for their four player fighter called “Dojo” from the original PlayStation Parappa the Rapper title and released the teaser image (that we included at the beginning of this post). I’m hoping and praying that Chop Chop Master Onion becomes the background antagonist for this level just so I can hear him say “Punch!” one more time before I die.
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale lands in stores on Oct. 23.
What are your guys thoughts on the inclusion of these two characters? Toro was a given (being Sony’s mascot and all) but it was very interesting to see Heihachi join the fray. While watching the exhibition last night on the EVO stream, I loved Heihachi’s level one super where he just brings out Kuma to wreck people. Toro was interesting because he has three different stances, each with their own strengths and weaknesses. PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale is shaping up to be a great party fighter.
What characters would you like to see enter the battle? Let us know below.
Source: PlayStation Blog
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- GTA V: 12 Dirty Hidden Secrets And Easter Eggs You Probably Missed
- GTA V: 10 Awesome Things To Do In San Andreas
- Xbox One vs PS4: Which Should You Buy?
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand