Electronic Arts have announced that it’s forthcoming MMORPG Star Wars: The Old Republic is the fastest selling game in the history of EA after reviewing it’s pre-order tracking over the first five days. However there was no update on the actual release date for the game except to say holiday 2011.
These sales figures seem to justify the money that EA has given to Bioware to make this game as there are even rumors this might be the most expensive game ever made and it is still in production and costing money.
In addition, today EA has reported $221 million in profit and have shipped 15 million copies of FIFA 11. It has been a very good year for the company and with Battlefield 3 selling 10x as many copies as Battlefield: Bad Company, Star Wars: The Old Republic breaking pre-order records, and Mass Effect 3 coming next year; EA has once again positioned themselves as the dominant publisher in the industry for better or worse.
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- GTA V: 12 Dirty Hidden Secrets And Easter Eggs You Probably Missed
- GTA V: 10 Awesome Things To Do In San Andreas
- Xbox One vs PS4: Which Should You Buy?
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand