After a difficult launch and a lack of decent software, the 3DS hasn’t exactly managed to realize its full potential. Yet if the current figures from Japan are anything to go by, the system and its software is finally beginning to flourish in popularity with the release of Super Mario 3D Land.
The game has sold a whopping 343,492 copies in its first week of release, while the system itself has seen a boost of 145,271 units sold in the same week. The figures come courtesy of Media Create and should boost confidence for both Nintendo and early adopters of the handheld, hopefully setting in motion a brighter future for the nifty portable wonder.
Still, we won’t know for a few weeks if the inventive platformer will have the power to create the same kind of excitement here in the U.K or across the pond.
Super Mario 3D Land is released on the 18th November.
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- GTA V: 12 Dirty Hidden Secrets And Easter Eggs You Probably Missed
- GTA V: 10 Awesome Things To Do In San Andreas
- Xbox One vs PS4: Which Should You Buy?
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand