We’re supposed to believe that the video below, posted by the Japan Institute of Science & Technology on YouTube (and found by Gizmodo), purportedly shows their work in quantum levitation (first steps to me owning a Back to the Future style hoverboard right here), which for some reason required the use of WipEout style racers and a track.
But it has to be a viral campaign right? It’s just not slick enough, and there is simply NO reasonable explanation for the use of WipEout vehicles and branding, barring some very smug geekiness. Oh, and you can’t ignore the Orbital-like musical accompaniment either.
Personally I think the answer’s pretty obvious, given the slight crudeness of the CG, but that doesn’t make it any less worthy of note. And if, as suspected, it is indeed a viral for the upcoming Vita title WipEout 2048, then it has done it’s job, making me want February and that console’s European release date to hurry up.
I was already hugely excited for 2048, and this fun video has amped up the excitement quite substantially.
WipEout 2048 is released on Playstation Vita on 22nd February.
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- GTA V: 12 Dirty Hidden Secrets And Easter Eggs You Probably Missed
- GTA V: 10 Awesome Things To Do In San Andreas
- Xbox One vs PS4: Which Should You Buy?
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand