Pre-orders for THQ’s WWE ’13 video game have shot through the roof in the past month and are reportedly way higher than last year’s entry. Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that pre-order sales for the game are up 171% on WWE ’12, which works out as 170% on Xbox 360, 189% on Playstation 3 and 84% on the Nintendo Wii.
The three significant reasons for the increase are thought to be;
1) The return of the Attitude Era to the game and the nostalgia that has brought for current fans but also those who haven’t touched a wrestling game or watched WWE television in years. This includes Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock, The Undertaker, Mankind, Kane and even Vince McMahon at the time most fans fondly remember. Additionally the inclusion of Mike Tyson as a playable character for pre-orders should be accounted for a significant boost.
2) CM Punk’s heavy involvement in the game. The WWE Champion is the poster child for the game and has already taken part in significant marketing for it, including the recent segment on RAW which saw a huge boost in sales.
3) Facebook and Twitter. WWE have made a conscious effort to push the game through social media streams and the numbers prove that it is working.
WWE 13 is set for release on November 2nd, 2012.
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand
- 100 Greatest Video Game Villains Of All Time
- 10 Most Insanely Difficult Video Games Ever Made
- 10 Things You Should Know About Dating A Gamer