2K Sports have today announced that upcoming videogame WWE 2K14 will feature a “30 Years of WrestleMania Mode”.
2K14, the latest in the long running WWE video game series, will include the brand-new game mode in an unprecedented single-player campaign that will take in legendary bouts from the flagship Pay-Per-View.
Spanning three decades of WWE history, players can relive encounters such as Hulk Hogan vs. Andre the Giant at WrestleMania 3; Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson vs. “Hollywood” Hulk Hogan in an “Icon vs. Icon” match at WrestleMania 18; and the much-anticipated WrestleMania 28 main event featuring The Rock vs. John Cena.
The new game mode is to celebrate WrestleMania’s upcoming 30th anniversary which is scheduled to take place on April 6 2014 in New Orleans.
And gamers can celebrate what is guaranteed to be a monumental occasion by trawling through the archives of what colour-commentator Jim Ross heralded as “the granddaddy of them all, WrestleMania!”.
To really get into the swing of things, players can purchase a special “Phenom Edition”, which will include WrestleMania legend Undertaker-themed extras, including the “American Badass” playable character.
WWE 2K14 is set for an October 29th release date in North America while UK fans can get their hands on a copy of the grappling title on November 1.
2k14 will be released on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 platforms.
We are currently seeking WWE contributors on WhatCulture. To find out more about the perks of being a WWE contributor, click here.
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- GTA V: 12 Dirty Hidden Secrets And Easter Eggs You Probably Missed
- GTA V: 10 Awesome Things To Do In San Andreas
- Xbox One vs PS4: Which Should You Buy?
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand