This is a huge year for the WWE video game franchise.
WWE 2K14, the latest iteration in the long-running wrestling series, has seen enormous upheaval in recent months, with original publishers THQ going out of business before being picked up by 2K Sports.
And though 2K are responsible for such successful titles as the NBA 2K and MLB 2K series of games, many fans were apprehensive, rightly concerned about the future of the franchise.
This is a series, after all, that has been running since 2000′s PlayStation entry WWF SmackDown! and had only been heading in the right direction with the litany of games that followed.
The disruption caused by THQ’s plight therefore caused panic and alarm among much of the fan base, but they needn’t have worried, because we’re happy to say WWE 2K14 looks like being the best in the series yet.
The game, which saw release yesterday in North America and is out this Friday in Europe, has garnered positive reviews, with IGN awarding 2K14 a 8.7 “Great” verdict.
And here, we take a look at 6 Reasons Why It’s The Best in the Series Yet.
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- GTA V: 12 Dirty Hidden Secrets And Easter Eggs You Probably Missed
- Xbox One vs PS4: Which Should You Buy?
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 100 Greatest Video Game Villains Of All Time
This article was first posted on October 30, 2013