With the new Premier League season merely days away, speculation is already rife as to who will emerge with the most goals in 2013-2014. Whatever the answer, it’s bound to be a tight race this year, with lots of strikers in the mix for the coveted “Golden Boot award”
Let’s get started shall we…
10. Robin Van Persie
It’ll be hard to bet against this man for the award. Last season, he became only the third striker in Premier League history to retain the Golden Boot award, with a staggering 26 goals in 38 games, after Alan Shearer and Theirry Henry. He has averaged 28 goals per season in the last 2 years, and starts as the lead striker for a Manchester United team who blazed home to the title in fine fashion last time out.
However, the Dutchman has historically had a terrible injury record up until two years ago, and fears still exist that an injury at some stage this season could do damage to both his Golden Boot hopes, and United’s hopes of retaining their English crown.
- 30 Sexiest WAGs (Pictures)
- 8 Actresses Who Tricked You Into Thinking You Saw Them Nude
- 10 Most Paused Movie Moments
- Football’s Worst Ever Cheating Divers
- 8 Amazing Football Stadiums That Are Being Built
- Newcastle: 10 Craziest Players Ever To Wear Black & White
- 15 Worst Ever Premier League Signings
- 30 Sexiest WAGs Of 2012
This article was first posted on August 3, 2013