Arsenal will complete the loan signing of Real Madrid midfielder Nuri Sahin this week, according to Spanish media source AS.
The Gunners have reportedly held talks with Madrid for the past fortnight over the temporary signing of the Turkish international but it is understood that his expected move to the Emirates won’t be affected by his parent club’s ongoing pursuit of Spurs playmaker Luka Modric.
The 23-year-old former Borussia Dortmund midfielder is likely keen to leave Madrid for the pursuit of first team football and before the probable arrival of Modric already had to contend with the likes of Mesut Ozil, Kaka, Xabi Alonso and Esteban Granero for a place in the Madrid line-up. Sahin only made four La Liga appearances last term as Madrid went on to clinch their first domestic title in four seasons.
For Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger, he has earmarked Sahin as a major coup to join the likes of Lukas Podolksi, Olivier Giroud and Santi Carzorla as The Gunners look to improve on last season’s third place finish in the Premier League and their early exit for the Champions League at the group stages.
- 30 Sexiest WAGs Of 2012
- 50 Sexiest Women You’ve Probably Never Heard Of
- 10 Most Paused Movie Moments
- Football’s Worst Ever Cheating Divers
- 10 Great Footballers Who Made Terrible Managers
- 100 Greatest Premier League Players Of All Time
- 50 Great Footballers Who Ruled 2012
- 15 Worst Ever Premier League Signings