As Arsene Wenger looks for his fourth signing of the summer, it appears that he may offer some competition to Inter Milan in their pursuit of Benfica youngster Rodrigo Moreno, according to Portuguese website A Bola.
The Spanish international has scored a whopping 15 goals at Estaidio da Luz this season, a performance rate good enough to suggest that many top-tier European sides would be looking to acquire him. However, Wenger has also already had a successful summer padding out his attacking prospects, signing Olivier Giroud and Lukas Podolski, while Robin Van Persie also remains at Emirates… for the time being.
Rodrigo has previously played on loan at Bolton Wanderers, though he only managed to score a mere single goal during his 20 appearances for them. However, over the last 18 months, the 21-year-old has upped his game significantly and developed into a strong, speedy attacker.
Though Arsene Wenger would have to think long and hard about where he might place in the Gunners’ lineup, there is still the prospect that he will be so impressed by the Benfica attacker’s progress that he won’t be able to help himself.
- 30 Sexiest WAGs Of 2012
- 50 Sexiest Women You’ve Probably Never Heard Of
- 10 Most Paused Movie Moments
- Football’s Worst Ever Cheating Divers
- 10 Great Footballers Who Made Terrible Managers
- 100 Greatest Premier League Players Of All Time
- 50 Great Footballers Who Ruled 2012
- 15 Worst Ever Premier League Signings