Chelsea have agreed a deal to sign Metalist Kharkiv midfielder Taison, according to Sky Sports.
However, the Blues face competition from an unknown Premier League club for the Brazilian’s signature, according to the same report.
Taison visited West London earlier this month and reportedly held talks with Chelsea over a proposed move to Stamford Bridge, where he is hoping to once again link up with former teammate and fellow mononymously named Oscar.
The duo played together at Internacional, before Taison moved to Metalist two-and-a-half years ago.
Ukrainian side Metalist are thought to be reluctant to lose the attacking midfielder, but the European Champions are believed to have agreed a fee and have also agreed personal terms with the player.
To throw a spanner into the works, however, a mysterious, unknown Premier League side are thought to have made an approach to Metalist in a bid to rival Chelsea for Taison’s signature – who could it possibly be? QPR, perhaps? Well, they are being linked with just about everybody else these days.
- Meanwhile, Chelsea midfielder Frank Lampard has finally conceded his career is finished at Stamford Bridge after his agent was told “in no circumstances will he be offered a new contract to stay at the club after the end of this season”.
We are currently seeking Chelsea contributors on WhatCulture. To find out more about the perks of being a Chelsea contributor, click here.
- 30 Sexiest WAGs Of 2012
- 50 Sexiest Women You’ve Probably Never Heard Of
- 10 Most Paused Movie Moments
- Football’s Worst Ever Cheating Divers
- 10 Great Footballers Who Made Terrible Managers
- 100 Greatest Premier League Players Of All Time
- 50 Great Footballers Who Ruled 2012
- 15 Worst Ever Premier League Signings