Chelsea have agreed a deal to sign Metalist Kharkiv midfielder Taison, according to Sky Sports.
However, the Blues face competition from an unknown Premier League club for the Brazilian’s signature, according to the same report.
Taison visited West London earlier this month and reportedly held talks with Chelsea over a proposed move to Stamford Bridge, where he is hoping to once again link up with former teammate and fellow mononymously named Oscar.
The duo played together at Internacional, before Taison moved to Metalist two-and-a-half years ago.
Ukrainian side Metalist are thought to be reluctant to lose the attacking midfielder, but the European Champions are believed to have agreed a fee and have also agreed personal terms with the player.
To throw a spanner into the works, however, a mysterious, unknown Premier League side are thought to have made an approach to Metalist in a bid to rival Chelsea for Taison’s signature – who could it possibly be? QPR, perhaps? Well, they are being linked with just about everybody else these days.
- Meanwhile, Chelsea midfielder Frank Lampard has finally conceded his career is finished at Stamford Bridge after his agent was told “in no circumstances will he be offered a new contract to stay at the club after the end of this season”.
- 30 Sexiest WAGs (Pictures)
- 8 Actresses Who Tricked You Into Thinking You Saw Them Nude
- 10 Most Paused Movie Moments
- Football’s Worst Ever Cheating Divers
- 8 Amazing Football Stadiums That Are Being Built
- Newcastle: 10 Craziest Players Ever To Wear Black & White
- 15 Worst Ever Premier League Signings
- 30 Sexiest WAGs Of 2012
This article was first posted on January 7, 2013