Newcastle United forward Demba Ba’s proposed move to Chelsea has stalled, according to a report at Teamtalk.
Yesterday we told you that the Senegalese striker and his advisers were set to hold talks with the Blues’ over a potential move to Stamford Bridge, but it now appears as though Chelsea’s offer fell well short of the player and his adviser’s expectations. Talks last night between Ba and Chelsea were described as “unproductive”.
The Blues’ are one of a few sides who are interested in Ba, who scored his 12th and 13th goals for Newcastle in the 7-3 defeat to Arsenal on Sunday night, with the Gunner’s themselves thought to be interested.
Ba signed from West Ham United last year and a £7.5 million release clause was inserted into his contract, whilst the Magpies claim they have yet to receive an offer that matches that valuation.
Any deal for Ba could yet rise to £12.5 million, as his advisers are said to be demanding between £3 million and £5 million just to negotiate a deal away from St James’ Park.
Ba himself is proving to be quite a difficult player to sign. The presence of his seemingly omniscient advisers constantly lurking behind the scenes along with his wage demands of £85,000-per-week might yet mean he will remain at St James’ Park.
Manager Alan Pardew would certainly be pleased to keep hold of the forward, who scored 16 goals last season and insists he has never received any indication from the player himself that he wants to leave.
- 30 Sexiest WAGs (Pictures)
- 8 Actresses Who Tricked You Into Thinking You Saw Them Nude
- 10 Most Paused Movie Moments
- Football’s Worst Ever Cheating Divers
- 8 Amazing Football Stadiums That Are Being Built
- Newcastle: 10 Craziest Players Ever To Wear Black & White
- 15 Worst Ever Premier League Signings
- 30 Sexiest WAGs Of 2012
This article was first posted on December 31, 2012