Chelsea are hoping to sign three big signings before the end of the summer by securing the signatures of Hulk, Victor Moses and Cesar Azpilicueta, according to a report in The Evening Standard. This would take Russian owner Roman Abramovich’s summer spending spree well past the £100 million mark.
The newspaper says Chelsea have stepped up their negotiations for all players over the past couple of days.
In the case of Hulk, the Blues are still struggling to match Porto’s £40 million valuation, though they are optimistic an offer of £32 million can be agreed. The Brazilian international is well known to be unsettled at the Portuguese club and may force through the move before the end of the window to make sure he leaves for pastures new.
Meanwhile, Chelsea are hopeful of agreeing fees of around £9 million each for both Wigan’s 26-year-old forward Victor Moses and Marseille right-back Cesar Azpilicueta.
The reports of further potential signings will come very welcome to Blues fans who saw their club start their Premier League campaign in winning ways with a 2-0 victory at Wigan this afternoon.
- 30 Sexiest WAGs Of 2012
- 50 Sexiest Women You’ve Probably Never Heard Of
- 10 Most Paused Movie Moments
- Football’s Worst Ever Cheating Divers
- 10 Great Footballers Who Made Terrible Managers
- 100 Greatest Premier League Players Of All Time
- 50 Great Footballers Who Ruled 2012
- 15 Worst Ever Premier League Signings