As Group B gets under way today, football fans across Europe will clamour in front of the television in eager expectation for what is expected to be one of the more competitive round of fixtures in the Group Stages. Holland, Germany, Portugal and Denmark will all cross swords, and only two can progress.
So, who will be the big name casualties of the so called “Group of Death”?
The Netherland’s haven’t won the European Championship since 1988, though in the last three Championships they have reached two semi-finals and one quarter final. With 37 goals, they were the highest scoring team in qualifying for the Euro’s.
Star performer: Robin van Persie
Robin van Persie has been in electric form. He was the Premier League’s top goal scorer last season, plundering 30 league goals for Arsenal. With the likes of Arjen Robben, Rafael van der Vart, Klaas Jan Huntelaar and Wesley Sneijder in support, the 2010 World Cup Finalists will be more than a match for anyone and should win this group. They haven’t failed to progress in any of the last six European Championship Group Stages.
- 30 Sexiest WAGs Of 2012
- 50 Sexiest Women You’ve Probably Never Heard Of
- 10 Most Paused Movie Moments
- Football’s Worst Ever Cheating Divers
- 10 Great Footballers Who Made Terrible Managers
- 100 Greatest Premier League Players Of All Time
- 50 Great Footballers Who Ruled 2012
- 15 Worst Ever Premier League Signings