Breaking news coming in from Talksport, Leeds United manager Simon Grayson has reportedly been sacked.
Talksport correspondent Ian Abrahams just tweeted the news a few minutes ago;
“just hearing Leeds have sacked Simon Grayson”
The apparent sacking comes the day after Leeds United were decimated at Elland Road by promotion rivals Birmingham City in a 4-1 defeat where Sky Sports described Grayson as a “dejected figure” as he stood on the touchline helpless. Birmingham fans were last night ironically chanting “You’re getting sacked in the morning”.
Leeds United currently lie 10th in the Championship, just 3 points behind 6th placed Blackpool and still with a good chance of grabbing a play-off place to take them back into the Premier League. But with their form having suffered in recent weeks, recording just two victories in the last eight matches, the Leeds board had clearly lost faith in him taking the club back to the top flight of English football.
Rumours are soon spreading that former Sunderland manager Steve Bruce could well be being lined up to replace Grayson and that an appointment could be made soon.
- 30 Sexiest WAGs Of 2012
- 50 Sexiest Women You’ve Probably Never Heard Of
- 10 Most Paused Movie Moments
- Football’s Worst Ever Cheating Divers
- 10 Great Footballers Who Made Terrible Managers
- 100 Greatest Premier League Players Of All Time
- 50 Great Footballers Who Ruled 2012
- 15 Worst Ever Premier League Signings