New Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers is preparing to make a move for on-loan Roma striker Fabio Borini, according to a report in the Daily Express.
21-year-old Borini is currently away on International duty with Italy at Euro 2012 having impressed this season with 9 goals in 24 games at Roma. Rodgers and Borini have history with Rodgers coaching him when he was a youth player at Chelsea (where he scored 12 goals in 12 games at youth and reserve level) and at his previous club Swansea City where Borini scored six times in a 9 game loan spell in the Championship.
Borini moved to Parma last summer but he was quickly loaned out to Roma, who have an option to buy him for 7.5million euro (£6 million) but will have to raise his wages from £25,000 a week to £35,000. Reports in Italy claim he will make a decision on his future in the coming weeks but a move to Liverpool and his former coach Brendan Rodgers would likely be appealing.
- 30 Sexiest WAGs Of 2012
- 50 Sexiest Women You’ve Probably Never Heard Of
- 10 Most Paused Movie Moments
- Football’s Worst Ever Cheating Divers
- 10 Great Footballers Who Made Terrible Managers
- 100 Greatest Premier League Players Of All Time
- 50 Great Footballers Who Ruled 2012
- 15 Worst Ever Premier League Signings